Thursday, July 8, 2010

MARIA BEAULIEU

Jeweler Maria Beaulieu has a keen eye for rock collecting. “For me, it’s all about the stones,” says the Maine native. “I find inspiration in everything from 123kt aquamarines to Argentinian agates to tumbled beach pebbles. I try to find the most exquisite specimens and then set them with just enough gold to highlight their natural beauty.”
Beaulieu has been making jewelry since she moved to New York in 1990. After working as a production assistant for Ted Muehling for 9 years, she started her own collection.

“I try to find the most exquisite specimens and then set them with just enough gold to highlight their natural beauty,” says Maria Beaulieu. In practice, this means a collection of breathtaking rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. Brazilian amethysts, golden heliodor beryls, Burmese moonstones, dazzling spinels in shades from light peach to ruby reds and royal blues, pale pink morganites, and many other gemstones are presented in refined, minimal settings.
The combination of exquisite stone and refined settings adds up to a collection of breathtaking rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings.
“I strive for simplicity and elegance in my work,” says Beaulieu. “I want my work to complement the person wearing it. I like the idea of creating a piece of jewelry and letting it out into the world to become part of another’s life. Ultimately, I’d like to share the beauty of the gems I discover with other people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment